Yet, Canada does not keep its bestness to itself. For centuries, each and every year it welcomes tens of thousands of immigrants and refugees, many of whom could not find safety and security in their own homeland. Regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, religious affiliation or not, Canada welcomes all, and offers a free, tolerant and prosperous place where everyone can develop their talents, live in harmony and dignity, and contribute to the prosperity of the whole country.
Slovaks faced many a dangerous time in our own homeland, too. Many had to seek refuge somewhere else for them and their families to survive. Many of those found their new homeland right here in Canada. Thus, Slovak Canadians now form a strong and healthy community from coast to coast to coast.
On July 1st, we celebrate Canada's birthday with all fellow Canadians throughout our land. But, in addition to the parties and festivities, we have one additional thing to remember and say on this special day: Thank you, Canada!
Kanadský Slovák / The Canadian Slovak
Community Short News
- Slovak Women's Ball Hockey team defends Gold in Canada
- The Board of Directors of the Canadian Slovak League
- Peter Kormos has passed away
- Read the Easter issue online
- Slovak-Canadian lawyer Sean Adams received a Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Greetings from KSL to Matica slovenská
- Canada tightens refugee claims from safe countries
- Calgary Slovaks on OMNI TV
- Next CSL Convention in April 2013 in Ottawa
- Congratulations to Bishop John Pazak